One of the oldest houses of culture in the country. It was founded in the year of 1971. It is located in the former convent of our Lady of the seven princes or Los Angeles.
This imposing building, dates back to the beginning of the 18th century and was completed in 1781. It was created to receive indigenous maidens; however, earthquakes destroyed it and was abandoned for many years.
It was until the middle of the 1960s, that the building was rebuilt, first to house the School of Arts and Crafts and finally the House of Culture.
The former convent has two floors and patios; the Temple of Baroque style, has in its main altarpiece an image of the Virgin of Angels with the seven archangels: St. Uriel, San Rafael, San Miguel, San Gabriel, San Ragüel, San Yeudiel and San Baraquiel. It has a small chapel where the Blessed Sacrament is venerated.